Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Card Art with Copics: Elisabeth Bell's Love You Miss You

This lovely little lady waits patiently for the arrival of someone special with birthday gifts.

I've used Elisabeth Bell's digital image, Love You Miss You, on a side-open card to share birthday wishes.  I printed her onto Bazzill Smooth Kraft cardstock.  A Creative Memories Corner Rounder softens the edges while a Martha Stewart Lace Heart border adds a delicate and loving touch.  Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image.



Layers of Bazzill cardstock with Basic Grey Little Black Dress Classy Chic stripe patterned paper form the base for my card and is surrounded by faux stitching.  Punch Bunch large, medium and small Kikyou star-shaped flower punches peek out from behind two corners.  Close To My Heart Bitty Sparkles add a little bling to the center of three of the smallest layered accents.

Here's a view of my completed card front showcasing my use of Elisabeth Bell's Miss You Love You digi image.  I added a small birthday sentiment from Outlines Rubberstamps.



You can find Love You Miss You and more of Elisabeth's amazing digital images by visiting the Elisabeth Bell Digital Collection at her gallery here.

Looking for fabulous inspiration using Elisabeth Bell images?  You'll find it at the Digi Bells Design Team Blog here.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday "Sketch by Jen" (here)
Cupcake Craft "Color on Kraft" (here)
Papertake Weekly "Anything Goes" (here)
Simon Says Stamp! "Happy Birthday" (here)
Creative Impressions "Let's Get Krafty" (here)
Moving Along with the Times "Let's Get Krafty" (here)
Southern Girls "Make Like a Zebra - Use Stripes" (here)
All Sorts "Vintage" (here)
ABC Challenge "K is for Kraft" (here)
Elphine House Australia "Punch It!" (here)


* * * * *

Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair, basket, puppy - E31, E35, E37
trunk - E31, E33, E35
hardware, hat trim, dress patch - Y13, Y26, Y28
bouquet wrap - YG0000, YG00, YG01
pants, purse, top - B91, B95, B97
leaves, flip flops - YG11, YG13, YG25
roses - R20, R22, R35
petunias - V20, V25, V28
daisies - YR000, YR02, YR14
apron, bonnet - E40, E42, E44
grounding shadow - W1, W3, W5

As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

18 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Hi Rose :). My oh my this is darling!!!
Hugs

CraftinGranny said...

Such an adorable card and this image is so sweet an cute. Thanks so much for joining us at Elphine House Australia this fortnight and we sure hope to see you back again soon. "Hugs" Carol

Sally said...

This is adorable Rose, love the image so cute and fabulous colouring.
Hugs Sally xxx

catherine said...

This is lovely and thanks for joining us over at Allsorts this week for my challenge
x catherine

Delphine said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it, love it! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so sweet .. and so pretty
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Tracey T said...

Such a sweet card and so beautifully coloured! As a recent Spotlight winner at Sweet Stampin' we wondered if you might be interested in Guest Designing for us sometime soon. If this is something you might like to do, please could you email me tracey.trayner@btinternet.com

Tracey, Sweet Stampin' DT x

Unknown said...

wowzers this is STUNNING honey - really wow... love it!! Thanks so much for playing at Sketch Saturday xx

Mummylade said...

You've done a lovely creation! Thank you so much for entering it in Allsorts vintage challenge this week. We hope to see you back soon!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Fabulous vintage style make. Love the cute image.

Nicely done. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card in our Make like a zebra (stripes) challenge.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Southern Girls DT

Pia S said...

WOW - what a gorgeous card! You've colored this image SO beautifully, and I like the design, with the die cut flowers and cool DP - it all works so well together.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is so cute, what a sweet card. I love that you coloured on the Kraft too. Thanks for playing along on MAWTT this week, Hazelxox

Stephanie Eaken said...

Wow, this is such a pretty, romantic card! Thanks for sharing it & joining us at SGC!

Aunty Sue said...

lovely card and cute image, thanks for sharing with us at creaytive this week and good luck with the challenge

Julie said...

Ohhhh Rose, I love the vintage look of your card,I really should give the Kraft colouring a try. Have to say that the thing that drew my eye though were those tiny stitches, thought you'd used a machine! Have a good day, Julie.x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Rose, I love how you've coloured the pretty image on kraft and your colouring and the colours you've used are gorgeous.
I need that beautiful image now, naughty you tempting me when I've banned myself from buying anymore, I'm sure just buying one won't count lol.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Lin said...

Thank you for joining us at ABC with your gorgeous card. I love that you stamped your image on the kraft as the contrast of your fabulous colouring against the kraft background really pops!

Lin xx

Audhild said...

Your card is beautiful. Thank you for joining the EHA challenge.
Hugs, Audhild