Why Rosie's Book?

While growing up, I had a dear friend, Renee, that lived next door and with whom I spent much of my childhood. We grew, in different directions, and went on our merry way. Many years later, I ran into her parents and they kindly reminded me of the laughs they still have over my book. “What book?” I wondered with a puzzled look. "I don't remember a book." Hardy laughter accompanied their response. At some time during our childhood, I tried to convince Renee about something that her parents didn’t agree with. I told her that proof of its truth could be found “in my book.” Naturally she went home and tried to convince her parents of the same thing but they weren’t falling for it. She needed an edge and told them emphatically, “It’s in Rosie’s book!” After they caught their breaths from reborn laughter, they let me know how “Rosie’s book” has been cited for many other things throughout the years. They’ve also mentioned that they’d like to see “Rosie’s book” one day. I can’t remember all of the things that I said were in “my book” but I’m sure my dear friend’s parents can recall much more than I ever knew about – LOL!!! So, here it is . . . my version of things you might find In Rosie’s Book . . .

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Crafts and Me Stamps Challenge: Charmed, I'm Sure!

The Dynamite Digi design team over at the Crafts and Me Stamps' challenge blog wants to see you use charms on your projects.  Marianne Designs is sponsoring this challenge and offering a fantastic goodie package that includes a stamp set, die set AND ribbon. You can find out more about this challenge here.

I've used a recently released Fairy Cake Candle image by Sue Rundel-Hughes on a side-open card to share happy wishes.  You can find this lovely digital image here.  Here's a closer view of my Copic-filled image.



This sweet fairy can make a wish for anything in the whole world.  It does not have to be a birthday wish.  I've used her to wish brighter days ahead so I can share this card for any occasion or just to make someone's day a little happier.  Ahhh, there are so many options . . .
 
Patterned papers from Bo Bunny's Timepiece Collection are layered with Bazzill cardstock.  Lifestyle Crafts Large Scalloped Circles and Large Circles shape and mat my image.  Two of the smallest Spellbinders Heart Circles lie at the upper left corner.
 
A gorgeous gold floral charm, filled with brilliant Austrian Crystals, hangs with a small gold jump ring from a Tim Holtz idea-ology Trinket Pin near a triple bow formed from a 1/8" brown Offray ribbon.  This closeup pic of the charm shows a slightly better view of the shine of the crystals.  The crystals shine so brightly that they're more like the finest diamonds.  It's like a magnificent piece of jewelry on this card!
 
 

Here's a view of the front of my card showing how I've used Fairy Cake Candle.  A sweet Stampin' Up! sentiment is stamped directly over my airbrushed background with my image.  Recollections mulberry paper roses in red and white are aligned on the lower part of my circular image.
 


The inside of the card is designed similar to the front and includes a Sunshine Daisies Ahead stamped sentiment from an Endless Creations stamp.
 


 
You've got to hop over to the Crafts and Me Stamps Challenge blog to see how the amazingly talented Dynamite Digi girls have shown their use of charms while using Crafts and Me Stamps digital images.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Charisma Cardz "Anything Goes" (here)
Craft Us Crazy "Use Your Favorites" (here) - charms
All Sorts "Things with Wings" (here)
One Stitch at a Time "Make it Girly" (here)
Dream Valley "Ribbon and Bling" (here)
Daisy Doodles "Anything Goes" (here)
Fab 'n Funky "Flower Power" (here)


Copics used:
skin - E000, E01, E11, E93, BV00
hair - E31, E35, E47
cake, candle, fairy dress - E51, E55, E59
icing rosettes, candle, wings - R22, R29, R59
candle flame, wings - Y11, Y15, Y19
icing - E40, E41, E42, E43
sprinkles, fairy dress flowers - Copic atyou Spica Lipstick
wings, candle - Copic atyou Spica Clear
airbrushed background - E57, W7, Y00, G40, G43


As always, I'm so glad that you stopped by to visit!

~ Rose

12 comments:

~Jeri~ said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and layout.
Thanks for sharing your favorites with us at Craft Us Crazy!

brenda said...

What a sweet image Rose and really pretty card is made with it.

And so much sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Lau W said...

Wow ! Just love this card Rose ! So fab colouring, and so nice design !
xxx

Vicky said...

A lovely card, gorgeous flowers!! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week, good luck in the draw

hugs Vicky xxx

coops said...

so gorgeous rose.i love this sweet as candy image and your rich colours are fabulous :D

xx coops xx

Leah l'Orange said...

LOVE those gorgeous warm, rich colours! such an elegant and classy card! thanks so much for joining the Charisma Galz for our Anything Goes challenge! good luck! :)

Jayne A said...

Absolutely beautiful
Hugs
Jayne

Sarah said...

Love the colours on your card Rose, fab image too. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Things with Wings challenge x

Nikki Byrne said...

Beautiful card inside and out! Thank you for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week and good luck, Hugs

NIKKI DT

Rach83 said...

Ooh! I love this card and your image is just so sweet. Fab layout and gorgeous papers too.

Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week. Hope you'll be joining us again soon.

Rachel x

Jackie said...

Very pretty card, I love all the rose accents you used! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge! I hope you join us again soon!

Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley x